baltears: snow white from abc's once upon a time (snow white)
[personal profile] baltears
hiya. i still have no idea how to use this site and i don't know how to start, so i'm just gonna jump in. all my old entries are pretty much just anxiety-ridden little updates on my WIP, which i'm on a bit of a hiatus from working on at the moment (it's still on the back burner, but like. way in the back), and hadn't been posting consistent progress updates anyway, so i will be pivoting to using this account for other things.

I'm going to be doing a full rewatch of abc's once upon a time. By full rewatch i mean probably up to 4A, which is where i dropped out of the fandom when the show was airing (and where i usually quit rewatches) because I've always felt like that's the point where it starts to feel like a different show. possible that i might go farther depending on how it goes. I'm gonna be watching each episode, taking notes, writing whatever meta i feel like writing, and posting here with some screencaps and things. i have zero knowledge of the various fandom presences on here, what's normal and expected on here, what stuff people have already said, or if anyone will be interested in my thoughts about the show. this is really just an exercise in me learning to have fun doing the fandom things i always wanted to do but was too much of a lurker for back in the day. i still sort of have that feeling i used to get that always kept me in lurk mode, like, well this fandom is so big, everything anyone could ever say about it has already been said. but i mean, you never know.

I'm hoping this will be fun! I really like this show, I miss long-form posting about fandom (i've made a few longish meta posts on tumblr but people just silently reblog them.... not the point of meta to me lol, it's supposed to be discussed!) and I miss being around older fans. I'm hoping i can maybe make some friends here. It feels daunting, but i also have never really tried it.

so uh.... idk. here goes.

Date: 2023-06-04 07:24 pm (UTC)
king0fcrows: (Default)
From: [personal profile] king0fcrows

I don't know if you know--

but if you want to try to get other people on Dreamwidth to see your commentary on OUAT, you should put the fandom in the "Interest" section of your profile page.

Tags on dreamwidth do not do anything but sort your blog--people can't find you through them.

When people use the search bar on the website, it will list blogs with the matching term listed in the "Interests" section.

(This is also how you find communities dedicated to fandoms. You search a term and then filter for communities only--but there probably won't be many active.)

Also, when you first log in to the home page and see that long ass list of links on the sidebar?

If you scroll down you'll find the Dreamwidth FAQ with a ton of subsections. The two subsections I think are most useful for absolute beginners are 1 ("Guides") and 5 ("Journal entries").

Profile

baltears: japanese model serena motola photographed with eyes closed and fingers touching her face (Default)
baltears

June 2023

S M T W T F S
    123
45 678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 

Page Summary

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Sep. 27th, 2026 05:55 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios