realized i should probably give some quick information about myself!
hi i'm kila, i'm a nonbinary adult (she/they), usa, currently doing an mfa in screenwriting. (yes i know i picked the most hilarious possible time to do this. whatever, union strong.)
fandom is my main hobby and has made up a large part of my social circle since I was a kid. I love reading & writing fic (ao3 plug), although i'm an extremely slow writer, and i do a lot of edits that i mainly post on my instagram (short looping fanvids, like the kids do. also have some more traditional longer vids up on my old youtube, although i don't really post there anymore so it's pretty outdated).
i also love, um... long meta, parallels, creepy taboos, fucked up things, codependency, toxic men (just in fandom though), and weed. and being pretentious. but like in a way where everybody still has fun.
oh and i also rotate through fandoms fairly quickly. It's not a super long list of regulars, and there's the occasional thing that i'll get really into and then 3 months later i'll never want to think about it again. but anyway my most consistent main fandoms are westworld, battlestar galactica/caprica (where the username is from), and revolutionary girl utena. fandoms i'm less deep into but still regularly enjoy include once upon a time, btvs/ats, twin peaks, atla, lost girl, american horror story, doctor who, and harry potter (weird relationship with the last one these days, but i still kind of keep one foot in). i engage with a ton of fandom in general, so by no means is that a comprehensive list, but it's most of the stuff that i regularly engage with in a fannish way.
anyway that's the basic rundown. i'm new here (not really, but i didn't get a footing last time so i'm trying again) so i don't have a ton of friends or comms or anything here yet. please don't be alarmed if i randomly follow you, please feel no obligation to follow back or engage with me in any way, but also please feel free to say hi if you want to. oh and i'm very active on tumblr.
thanks for reading!
hi i'm kila, i'm a nonbinary adult (she/they), usa, currently doing an mfa in screenwriting. (yes i know i picked the most hilarious possible time to do this. whatever, union strong.)
fandom is my main hobby and has made up a large part of my social circle since I was a kid. I love reading & writing fic (ao3 plug), although i'm an extremely slow writer, and i do a lot of edits that i mainly post on my instagram (short looping fanvids, like the kids do. also have some more traditional longer vids up on my old youtube, although i don't really post there anymore so it's pretty outdated).
i also love, um... long meta, parallels, creepy taboos, fucked up things, codependency, toxic men (just in fandom though), and weed. and being pretentious. but like in a way where everybody still has fun.
oh and i also rotate through fandoms fairly quickly. It's not a super long list of regulars, and there's the occasional thing that i'll get really into and then 3 months later i'll never want to think about it again. but anyway my most consistent main fandoms are westworld, battlestar galactica/caprica (where the username is from), and revolutionary girl utena. fandoms i'm less deep into but still regularly enjoy include once upon a time, btvs/ats, twin peaks, atla, lost girl, american horror story, doctor who, and harry potter (weird relationship with the last one these days, but i still kind of keep one foot in). i engage with a ton of fandom in general, so by no means is that a comprehensive list, but it's most of the stuff that i regularly engage with in a fannish way.
anyway that's the basic rundown. i'm new here (not really, but i didn't get a footing last time so i'm trying again) so i don't have a ton of friends or comms or anything here yet. please don't be alarmed if i randomly follow you, please feel no obligation to follow back or engage with me in any way, but also please feel free to say hi if you want to. oh and i'm very active on tumblr.
thanks for reading!
hi
Date: 2023-06-05 02:48 am (UTC)Greetings, Internet stranger.
Re: hi
Date: 2023-06-05 02:59 pm (UTC)Re: hi
Date: 2023-06-12 03:37 pm (UTC)Thanks! It's probably time to review it. I wonder how outdated it's become in a year. (I feel like I've watched a million things this year yet I'm not sure how many should make the list.)
Re: hi
Date: 2023-06-12 06:51 pm (UTC)Re: hi
Date: 2023-06-13 02:44 am (UTC)Yeah, there are almost too many interesting things to watch. I think when I was younger, I was more prone to obsess over shows because there were just relatively fewer of the sci-fi/fantasy/weirdness that appeals to me. I was desperate for anything I could get. And now ... someone recommends something new to me and I'm just like, "Eh, I'll add it to the list and maybe I'll get around to watching it someday."